About the Surgeon
Dr. Oumyos Rattanamahattana
Doctor of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University 2007
Diploma in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University 2015
Internship - Department of Surgery, Saraburi Hospital 2007-2010
Resident - Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University 2010-2015
Plastic Surgeon, Samitivej Hospital (Sukhumvit) 2015 - present
Plastic Surgeon, Meko Clinic 2016 - present
Member - Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons of Thailand
Member - Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons of Thailand
Member - Royal College of Surgeons of Thailand
"Beauty must be well-balanced and safe"
In today’s world, the popularity of plastic surgery has seen rapid increase due to consumers seeking for ways to combat aging, the ever-changing world of trends & fashion, and simply personal preference.
Our physical appearance can be perfected by plastic surgery.
Anyone who chooses to undergo a plastic surgery operation would no doubt expect a flawless and satisfying result. However, there can be limitations to certain cases. I believe that the result of an operation depends on:
1) The basic anatomy of the individual: The individual should discuss with the surgeon to understand the limitations of what can/cannot be achieved. Once the expectations are aligned, it will be easier for him/her to picture the final outcome, and thus be well-informed to decide whether to proceed to the next step.
2) Complicated operating approach can often yield equally -- or sometimes even more -- desirable results than more straightforward ones: For example, performing a nose surgery with the open approach can often yield a more realistic shape than with the close approach. On average, Rhytidectomy (face lift surgery) is more effective and long-lasting than thread lift. However, this is not an argument for open nose surgery and Rhytidectomy to be the solutions for everyone, because after all, each patient’s case is unique. My job is to assess what is possible and offer the best solution tailor-made for each individual, and to make them fully aware of what can be achieved and possible side effects.
3) The surgeon’s preference: There can be different opinions among surgeons on what beauty is -- one surgeon may deem having large eyelids as desirable, while another might prefer smaller ones. Thus the result of a Blepharoplasty operation (eyelid lift surgery) between these two surgeons may well be different. Having a surgeon whose personal taste aligns with yours should lead to a predictable and satisfying outcome.
4) Undergoing excessive operations (having multiple operations within a short period of time, or aiming for an overly drastic change), can risk complications. There may be undesirable side effects to the appearance, resulting in an unnatural look or creating problems that may not be immediately obvious. The best approach is to only do what is necessary, in the appropriate amount and with the method deemed suitable by the surgeon. This way, the outcome will be the most natural and fitting for the individual.
5) There is a chance of complications: Nobody wants complications, but once occurred, the surgeon must discuss with his/her patient on the situation and offer solutions. I treat every dissatisfaction seriously and all of them need to be addressed -- I will do everything I can to avoid and correct issues. For issues that cannot be corrected, I will inform my patients immediately.